Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I randomly talk about Good Things That Make Designing More Fun. Enjoy it and leave a suggestion or a comment or two.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

Cool Pencil Case

When we started the urban edge studio everyone got one of these cool pencil cases, and a matching business card case. I got them at MoMA and they are made by a Japanese company called MUJI.

The full name of the company is Mujirushi Ryohin which translates as "no label, quality goods". This company tries to achieve, according to their web site, "a simplicity achieved through a complexity of thought and design". I am drawn to their simple aesthetic and the quality of their products. Simple is good.

The cases are very lightweight aluminum. They measure about 6.75" x 2.5" x 0.5" and hold about 12 pencils or a slightly less quantity of pens. They are proving to be very durable.

The colored pencils shown here are Derwent Studio pencils, which are surpassing Prismacolors for me as the colored pencil of choice. I must say, however, that unlike some of the others in my studio, I am still much better at marker renderings than colored pencils. They have their place, however.


1 comment: