Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I randomly talk about Good Things That Make Designing More Fun. Enjoy it and leave a suggestion or a comment or two.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

another marker I am growing more fond of daily

I have had a love affair with markers for a long time. I am somewhat loyal. Somewhat.

I started out with Design Markers in college (they are no longer available but I have a few that still have some juice), then moved on to Chartpak AD Markers, and I still like them -- as well as the awesome Copic Markers. I admit to never really liking Prismacolor Markers. Not sure why. I will think on that.

Another marker I am coming to appreciate is the Faber-Castell Pitt (Big Brush) Pens. The colors are a bit limited but the brush style nib is awesome and the color goes down clean and smooth. It feels good in your hand too -- not too skinny or too thick. Their shorter length makes them easier to pack and carry to charrettes and such.

The same colors are available in a smaller pen with a brush style nib too -- for more detailed work with the same colors.

They also make more technical pens (S, F, M, B) in three colors: black, sanguine (reddish) and sepia (brownish).

All in all, this is a very versatile family of pens and markers. Try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment