Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I randomly talk about Good Things That Make Designing More Fun. Enjoy it and leave a suggestion or a comment or two.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

mistakes? well, sometimes

there are those among us who never make mistakes. at least that is what they would have us believe.

they do, however, probably need to at least erase their guidelines. right? as for me -- I make lots of them. or at least I change my mind from time to time.

so, a good eraser is a must. I have an electric one but it's loud and always reminds me of the dentist office which makes me freak out a little and you can't draw with clammy hands. or the shakes (unless its a very conceptual sketch then shakes are just 'technique'). this is my favorite eraser -- simply because it already says what I usually say when I make a mistake. "holy crap!" there is another one that just simply says "oops." I like it too. a bit more subdued for those minor goofs and smears.

actually, these are really nice soft erasers that leave no smudges or residue. and they fit your hand well. the only place I have found them is paper source. I know there are stores in Atlanta and Alexandria, VA but you can also get them on-line.

and if you aren't making mistakes you are making a big mistake -- playing it too safe!

Bill.


p.s. -- I like kneaded erasers too and found some (faber castell?) that come in red, yellow, and blue which I like better than that typical nasty looking gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment